Travel tip #001

my black sandugo back pack with Sg and Ph flag
Packing things for some is troublesome. Especially for the girl who seems to always wanted to bring the whole cabinet with them. I assume that they’re having a hard time when it comes to deciding which stuff to set aside or bring over. I may not consider this as a guideline but I would like to share to you what are the things that I usually bring, how I prepare it, and let you know what’s inside my backpack. It’ll come in random, so please bear with me for I’m running out of time, will be heading to the airport soon ~


1. Mobile phone and another mobile phone – I used to have two mobile phones, not because I have two girlfriends (I don’t even have one) rather to serve as an emergency extra phone in case my primary phone ran out of battery charge, malfunction, misplaced, etc. Well, nonetheless, most of the time it serves as my mp3 player.

2. Separate packing – apology for the environmentalist for I’m still using plastic bags to separate my things. Normally, I always put my clothes to plastic bag first before putting it inside my bag especially when hiking; it’ll protect your clothes from getting wet when the rain hood of your mountaineer bag wasn’t able to resist the rain.

3. Extra money, functioning Credit Card or Debit Card – In case you are traveling to rural areas or in most remote places of the world, it’s a must to have extra money. Not for buying the daily needs but for emergency use. Credit card or debit card, of course, you can use it in urban areas. By the way, I really use my Credit card just for emergency, (emergency shopping? just kidding)
My Diary and Pen

4. My diary and gel pen – I like the feeling of writing what I want to do and when is my target to finish. I still believe in the power of writing. I used to note down in my diary some personal thoughts, information about something, and anything about everything.

5. Pocket sleeping cushion – if traveling at night time or in long hours, it’s good to use this small piece that will give you plus ten comfort level. Cushion will add energy level to consume in enjoying the destination. Don’t use this during daytime; you might miss some awesome view along the way.

6. Camera – who would like to forget this gadget? Bring extra battery pack or mobile charger. If your quest is water-activity related, borrow your friend’s underwater camera or waterproof bag to house your camera or invest one, it’s more fun clicking the camera in underwater.

7. Pasaforte, IDs, Plane Ticket, VISAs, Identity Documents or Personal Documents – if traveling oversea, you must observe all of these. One sturdy folder for all your documents is enough and make sure not to check-it-in in baggage counter, as much as possible put it in your hand carry bag. For domestic traveling, one to two IDs and plane ticket is far adequate.

8. Identity card for your bag – we can’t assure that our bag is always in good hands. When your bag was misplaced or lost, this name card will help the man/woman with good a heart to find you.


9. Earth pad for support – things inside your mountaineer bag might end up rumbled, damaged, or disorganized after they didn’t resist the throwing power of baggers in airport. With use of this earth pad, things inside your bag may be protected in some way. In addition to that, earth pad can be used also as laying material while having picnic in the sand or as comforter while watching the stars on top of the mountain.


Traveling is an art. Each of us has different meaning of it and has different way to enjoy it. Your story, definitely different to mine, but whatever it is, the passion to travel and eagerness to sue it will made us discover new things, hidden treasure of the place, embrace the culture, and even ~ knowing our inner self. Happy travel and be safe always!

Comments

  1. (",) Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. galing nito renevic! nice to see more or less the same items in the bag! pack the essentials. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one dir. very helpful ito. i also use earth pad before, yung silver na katulad ng sa photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! oks na oks 'to.... water proofing your things especially when climbing during rainy seasons is very important.... very helful tips Renevic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sana matutunan ko mag-pack ng maayos. basta magkasya sa backpack, game na! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing. I will be embarking on my very first solo backpacking on the 18th and I don't have any idea what else I'll be needing during the trip. so salamat po sa pagsheshare!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts are highly appreciated. Enjoy leaving your footprints :)