Travel Tip #002: Anawangin Cove Exploration

Getting to San Antonio Zambales is effortless, as well as finding the jump-off to Mt. Pundaquit. More than ever now, there are a lot of online guides and travel agencies/tours that’s offering Anawangin Packages. Just Google it and almost half a million results will confirm to you.



I’ve been there twice and I noticed that I’m not prepared; there are  still some portion that are missing in my adventure.

1. D-SLR / High-end digital camera: Actually all photos in this blog are taken by either digicam of my friend or cousin or my phone camera. I haven’t got my own camera before.  Anyway, as I was saying, you should have a DSLR / high-end digital camera to capture the real beauty of the cove. Anawangin is photogenic and I’m very sure that your shots of this place can be posted in a travel magazine or will be a top entry in any photo contest.

2. Rainy season hike: The first time I saw Anawangin on internet, there’s a river crossing. That’s why I’m really excited to explore and try it too. Although I have been there twice, unfortunately, these two quests were summer season, as a result, unable to experience the rushing water of Anawangin River. In my opinion river crossing is challenging and fun, then I’ll make sure that in my next visit to this cove, it will fall under rainy season of the year.

3. Girlfriend: Having friends/cousins as companion in traveling is fun and exciting. But I believe in this romantic cove, it would be more fun and exciting if I’m with my girlfriend especially at night time, lying on the fine sand of the beach, staring at the moon and stars, listening to the waves, and talking about the future plans while holding each others’ hand. I think it’ll be a memorable date for both of us.

4. 3D2N adventure: It would be great if you’ll allot one whole day for beach hopping and exploring, one whole day for island hopping, one whole day for relaxation and hiking. This three (3) days and two (2) nights allotted time is very much fine particularly when you’ll do hiking options and not so rush in schedule.

5. Used or even new clothes: Zambales is a place in northern Philippines where lots of Aeta could be seen.  Our fellow brothers and sisters can be found in this cove, selling food, and tourism services as their livelihood. In fact, in our climb with my cousins, our guide is an Aeta. We treated him well, gave the same food we ate, drink, etc. I swear that the next time I’ll visit this cove again; I’ll prepare my old clothes and some old toys of my nephew and niece and give it to them.

6. Public Transport: Hiring a private transport is expensive especially when you’re travelling by a small group. Big part of the budget might go to transportation expense in this way. So, next time when I’ll go back there with my *future* girlfriend, we’ll consider taking public air-conditioned bus from Edsa.

Anawangin Stories:
Link 1: Anawangin Cove: A gift by traversing Mt. Pundaquit
Link 2: A promise continued in Anawangin Cove via Mt. Pundaquit
Link 3: Travel Tip #002: Anawangin Cove Exploration
Link 4: I’m dreaming… day dreaming ~

Comments

  1. Panalo yung #3 :D Tamang tama, planning to go there one of these weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ftw ang number 3! Gusto ko rin makapunta sa anawangin. I've been to nagsasa pero anawangin wala pa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts are highly appreciated. Enjoy leaving your footprints :)